Symphony No. 1 “Autumn”
The name “Autumn” is taken from a poem of the same name by the Russian poet Alexander Pushkin. I originally used the text from this poem to compose a piece for SATB choir. The themes from that earlier piece are used as the basis for the 2nd and 4th movements of the symphony. Coincidentally, most of the symphony was composed during the Falls of 2016 and 2017. This piece is dedicated to my teacher, mentor, and friend, Christopher James Lees.
- Flute I, Flute II/Piccolo
- Oboe I & II
- Clarinet I & II (in A & B-flat)
- Bassoon I & II
- Horn I-IV
- Trumpet I & II (in C)
- Trombone I & II, Bass Trombone
- *Percussion I: Tambourine, Bass Drum
- *Percussion II: Glockenspiel, Crash Cymbals
*May be played by one player if Crash Cymbal attachment for Bass Drum is available.
Score and parts available for purchase through T.U.X People’s Muic