Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra – “Corona”
I composed this piece over the majority of 2020, and it’s become one of the most deeply personal pieces for me. It’s been a sort of sanity project during the last year to creatively channel many intense emotions that I’ve felt (and continue to feel). Each of the five movements describes different aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic: some of which are universal, some of which are uniquely personal.
- Flute I, Flute II/Piccolo
- Oboe I & II, English Horn
- Clarinet I & II (in A & B-flat), Bass Clarinet/Clarinet III in A
- Bassoon I, Bassoon II/Contrabassoon
- Horn I-IV
- Trumpet I & II (in C)
- Trombone I & II, Bass Trombone
- Percussion I: Glockenspiel, Xylophone
- Percussion II: Suspended Cymbal, China Cymbal, Vibraphone
- Percussion III: Temple Blocks, Bass Drum, Triangle
- Percussion IV: Two Opera Gongs (one gliss-up, one gliss-down), Snare Drum
- Solo Clarinet in B-flat & A
A piano reduction of this work is also available.